REMOTE SUPPORT THROUGH CHROME REMOTE DESKTOP
Teamviewer has been a constant headache in 2020. So I have had to find a teamviewer replacement…and have found Chrome Remote Desktop. So far my experience has been good. Quick, easy install. I can still remotely manage my mining rigs. This guide shows how I connect to a system that runs during the day for a dedicated user (who owns it), and mines at night. When he has an issue, he contacts me and we setup a Chrome Remote Desktop support session using the following excerpt from this link https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/1649523?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
Share your computer with someone else
You can give others remote access to your computer. They’ll have full access to your apps, files, emails, documents and history.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- In the address bar at the top, type
remotedesktop.google.com/support, and press Enter.
- Under “Get Support, “ click Download .
- Follow the onscreen directions to download and install Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Under “Get Support,” select Generate Code.
- Copy the code and send to the person you want to have access to your computer.
- When that person enters your access code on the site, you will see a dialog with their e-mail address. Select Share to allow them full access to your computer.
- To end a sharing session, click Stop Sharing.
The access code will only work one time. If you are sharing your computer, you will be asked to confirm that you want to continue to share your computer every 30 minutes.